Friday, September 09, 2022

Starting around September 1st - I am experiencing a setback at the moment, hoping AIDP is what I have ( a form of Guillain–Barré Syndrome ) and not CIPD. With AIPD, you get bit, the after IVIG and Plasmapheresis you just need to recover ( Myelin needs to grow back - normally 6 to 18 months for full recovery )

They are treating my sudden weakness from knee down - which was not present at all in Feb when I was first admitted to the hospital. I was there a month and a half, unable to move my hips and thighs. But by Late July - I was about 80% back functioning on left and 85% back to normal on the right.

In August - I was only using the cane for the stairs, walking everywhere without a cane - but now back to using the walker full time.

Because my Left leg was weaker than my right,I was walking like John Wayne, which really aggravated my Sacroiliac joint on my left side, which then developed into sciatica. Pain in the mornings especially are intense.

I fell September 2nd and poked a hole in the wall going up stairs. I am now confined to staying downstairs.

 

Sept 6th Wednesday – visited my neurologist Dr. Mi she prescribed Methylprednisolone MG Dosepk - 6 day regimen. UGH. Like any heavy steroid ( Prednisone like ) it reduces inflammation - but AMPS YOU UP. So - not sleeping well because of the Med - will be happy when this is DONE. 

She also prescribed I do another round of IVIG ( 4 infusions, either outpatient or in ) which we will find out Monday, Sept 12 ( depends on what the insurance provider accepts )

I am part Viking and mostly Neanderthal ( you can tell by how furry I am ) - so, I will beat this !

No comments: